GET TO KNOW
DECOR | STYLE | VINTAGE | DIY
WELCOME TO MY ONLINE SPACE!
I'm Krystle DeSantos; decorator, style enthusiast, vintage lover and creative blogger behind my site.
I can't remember a time when I wasn't intrigued by decor, style, vintage and DIY projects. I was that little girl who made dollhouses out of cardboard boxes and outfits for the dolls out of fabric scraps.
As a teen, I designed several of my own outfits including my prom dress and even decorated my first wedding at the age of 16! We didn't have typical vintage shops in Guyana, however my introduction and early appreciation for vintage style came from wearing items from my Grandmother and Mom. Mummy (my grandmother) had more of the 40s through early 60s style and Mom definitely has that 70's flair. Both of them would design their own clothing and have it made by local seamstresses back home.
Upon graduating high school, I moved to NYC to attend college and after two years of pre-med coursework (ouch!) I discontinued my pursuit of becoming a Doctor. I switched majors and moved off campus into my very first apartment. I was so unsure of my future and turned to DIY projects and decorating as familiar and reassuring activities. During that time I launched my first blog; Crafty Habit as well as my jewelry shop, Krystyle. I no longer update that blog or shop but it was a magical time for me as I developed an affinity for digital platforms as a way to express my style and creativity.
In 2010, I graduated from Stony Brook University with a B.A. in Women's Studies and started my first full-time job at Apartment Therapy. I embarked on a new journey in Digital Marketing & Advertising and spent 3 great years at AT before transitioning to LinkedIn, where I currently work & play.
Krystle DeSantos has a dual purpose of being a decor, style, vintage and DIY resource for you as well as creative outlet for me. Let's get together and have lots of fun! Feel free to comment or drop me a note. I'd love to hear from you!
- Drink: Passion fruit juice and tropical cocktails with umbrellas and flamingo straws
- Dessert: Ice Cream (Ginger, Dark Chocolate, Vanilla Bean & Mud Pie)
- Food: Mom's curry chicken, dhal, steamed okra, rice, jerk chicken and Thai food
- Makeup: Blush/Bronzer, Mascarra & Lipstick
- Lipstick color: Classic Red & Exotic Pink
- Music: Reggae, Calypso, Soca & Beyoncé (she's a music genre, no?)
- Home Decor items: Vintage & objects made of brass
- Clothing: Vintage, vintage, vintage & custom-made!
- Accessories: Tassel earrings and statement everything! I'm an accessory lover and down-low jewelry hoarder.
- Color: Gold & flamingo pink.
Bonus: palm trees, banana leaves, elephants, peonies, polka-dots, flamingos, hibiscus, zebras, black, leopard-print, turbans, tulips, sunshine, chinoiserie-decor, jumpsuits, pineapples, africanprint, beaches, pompoms, giraffes, watermelon, caribbean-style, sequins, glitter, pools, cherries, straw hats, tamarind balls, stripes...